Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Thursday, November 6, 2014

My week in pictures

You know those weeks that everything seems to just happen all at the same time!  This was one of those weeks but I love my job so instead of writing a lengthy blog I will just tempt your stomach through your eyes!  

Here is my week in pictures!  

From the ingredients you can tell it's gonna be a good meal!  Four course meal with wine pairing for the Iowa Food and Wine Show. Cream, crab legs and pears, oh my!


First course: poached pears with blue cheese, bacon and green onions.


Second course: sweet potato bisque with goat cheese and pomegranate seeds.  


Third course: surf and turf gnocchi with marinated beef tenderloin served aside king crab gnocchi.


Dessert: pumpkin chai tiramisu


The "hardest" part of my job, sampling all the food with the wine to make sure it paired well or make changes.  Lucky for me it all worked wonderfully!  And here's some delicious wines you should check out!


Lunch and learn with Crazy!  New, seasonal, and nutritious lunches.  Arugula salad with roasted sweet potatoes, kamut, honey crisp apples, blue cheese and an apple cider vinegrette.


Crazy Cool Throwdown at the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.  Crazy ropes me into some off the wall stuff sometimes but that's what makes my job fun and entertaining.  And despite trying to persuade the votes and throwing in a delicious cocktail with my appetizer, Crazy still won!




Hope you all enjoyed the pictures "week in the life of Cool!"  Recipes to follow when time allows! 

Have a wonderful weekend, and remember life is too short to eat crappy food!

-Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment