Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Monday, July 21, 2014

Making it Monday: Kale Chips

Who doesn't love the crunch and saltiness that potato chips have to offer?  I can tell you that single food could be my biggest weakness.  I LOVE CHIPS, and I don't care who knows it!  My problem is that my relationship with chips is not a give and take relationship, but more just a take relationship.  The more I eat the more of my waistline it takes away.  I mean if chips gave me any nutritional value, or gave me super powers I would feel better about our relationship but instead I have to limit myself eating them, making them only a sometime food for me.  

One great food that you can substitute for potato chips are homemade kale chips.  I am not telling you that kale taste like potatoes but they do offer the crunch and saltiness that potato chips have to offer.  Kale chips and I have a better relationship.  I make the kale taste delicious by baking it and adding a little seasoning to it, and in turn it packs me full of vitamin C and calcium, and makes me feel better and healthier about my snacking options. 

Who wouldn't want to devour this whole plate of chips?


Check out the video to see how easy and fun for the whole family that this little snack can be. 


My family loves the "green chips" and usually eat the whole bunch of kale chips within a day.  


"Look mom, I've got two big green chips!"


 I know it looks like Piper doesn't them, but she ate her whole bowl full and asked for more, so I think that speaks better than my timing of my picture taking.


You can tell by the crumbs on his face that they are edible!


Kale Chips

1 bunch Kale, cleaned and trimmed
Olive Oil Spray
1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp. Paprika
2 tsp. Chili Powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a cooking sheet with olive oil and set aside.  Take the kale, wash and pat dry the leaves.  Cut the middle thicker stem out of the kale and cut or tear it up in small bite size pieces.  Place the pieces of kale on the sheet tray and spray with olive oil spray.  In a small bowl combine the salt, paprika, and chili powder until mix until all incorporated.  Sprinkle seasoning over the kale and bake in the oven for 7 minutes, turn each chip over to ensure crispiness and cook another 3 to 5 minutes.  Remove from oven enjoy!

If storing these chips keep in an airtight container.
-Cool


No comments:

Post a Comment