Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Monday, July 7, 2014

Making It Monday: Fresh Herbs for the Whole Year


Ok I am a basil fanatic!  I truly mean it. I would eat a caprese salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner if possible. Summer produces an abundance of fresh herbs and I use them constantly. But I do have a lot of them and hate to have them go to waste at the end of the season (I would never waste basil). My pots are full of basil and mint (did I mention Mojitos are my favorite beverage of the summer) and both grow well and abundantly during these warm months.

I am always left with pots full of both, so I have come up with a couple of easy ways to make them last throughout the year. Have a looksie at our "Making It Monday" Minute:  http://youtu.be/CUJlwgzU7Z4



You can do this with any fresh herb. Make it taste like summer in the dead of winter while your cooking up your favorite warm soup...or a Mojito. I don't judge.

-Crazy


No comments:

Post a Comment