Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Trendy Tea Thursday


By now you all know my love for tea. So when reading an article about food trends for 2015, Matcha tea was a major one on the list and I got curious. 

Matcha is a green tea that uses the entire leaf and grinds it into a fine powder that you mix with water instead of just steeping in water. Matcha may contain up to 10-15 more times the nutrients and 100 times more antioxidants than traditional green and other teas. 

Matcha is full of EGCG, a compound that helps keep you cells happy and healthy and may possibly increase your metabolism. It also contains L-theanine, an amino acid that may help improve cognition, mood and balance stress (hello, who wouldn't benefit from this!).

I think I am sold. So here it goes!!! The greenest and healthiest tea I have ever tried.  2 teaspoons of the tea mixed with hot water, it's as easy as that!
 

 
 
I tried it and I liked it. It is very earthy and very much the same flavor of green tea, except a little stronger. I also liked it iced down mixed with a little skim milk. I would recommed a little honey or agave if you are going to drink it hot. 

 
 
 
Enjoy it iced, enjoy it warm, just enjoy this healthy beverage.  Here is to the new green tea on the block! 
 
~Crazy
 


 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment