Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Thursday, February 19, 2015

New Years Day (aka Crazy's Birthday) Redo!


So I decided this year I wanted to celebrate New Year's Day again. 2015 did not start out as smoothly as expected, so I decided to re-name my birthday and re-celebrate my next 365 days with a whole new perspective.

With that being said, I wanted to have cake and a cocktail at midnight on "New Year's Eve." Since my mom's pretty stellar baking skills were 150 miles away, I was going to have to make my cake myself. 


It all starts with blending eggs, sugar, real butter and pure vanilla extract.


I had to take this picture because it really shows how messy I am when I cook! Mixing my dry ingredients of flour, baking powder and baking soda, and salt. 


Once the dry ingredients are blended, mix in 6 heaping teaspoons of cacao. 


Blend the cacao in with the dry ingredients and add slowly to the wet mixture.


Once everything is blended, make sure
your pans are greased with butter and lightly floured.


And right before you put the batter into the pans, you add one cup of boiling water to the batter. Make sure to mix it by hand to incorporate. 


Of course, in childish tradition, do not let any batter go to waste. 

      

Bake for around 25-30 minutes for 8 inch rounds or 30-35 minutes for a 9x13 pan. Let cool and frost with your favorite frosting or I also included my moms delish frosting recipe. 


I got a little creative this year and added Heath bits to the middle and top of my New Year's cake. This recipe has been in my family for years. 

     

Even though the cake did not turn out as fabulously as my mom would make It, New Year's Eve was celebrated in style with a little cake, a little cocktail and a lot of hope and determination for an amazing 2015. 

~Crazy

       

No comments:

Post a Comment