Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Take it off Tuesday!

Life is busy! Life happens!  So what are you going to do to make the most of it all while being "present?"  It's a hard question to think about because there are so many things in our daily life that go on that it just doesn't seem like we could possibly fit in ONE MORE THING!  With the social media world telling us everything we should be doing better and judging everything we do it's hard to focus on what really matters most.


That's why you need a little dose of "Take It Off Tuesday!"  I know this can be misconstrued many different ways and maybe that's why I wrote it that way.  I want it to mean whatever you want it to.  For me it's more of a deeper meaning than a literal meaning.  With all of us trying to fit more into our lives, why don't you start focusing on what matters most and take off that added stress?  Take off those added pounds if it's needed?  Take off the burden of having a home cooked meal every night.  Take off the guilt of not doing "enough!"

I don't know about you but my typical night includes a nice "quiet" ride home from work thinking about all the things I didn't get done at work or things I need to do when I get home.  Questions start out like: "Did I send that email?"  "What do I need to do first when I get to work tomorrow?" "Will I have enough time to get all that done tomorrow?"  and then they quickly switch to, "What are we going to have for dinner?  What do we have in the fridge? Cupboard?  What have we had lately?    What time is it?  Oh crap the kids will be home in 10 minutes!  What can I throw together that will make everyone happy to eat and full?  Maybe we have leftovers?  Maybe I should just run through somewhere?  I can't do that, I just went grocery shopping yesterday, I must have something.  But what? and end scene!  So maybe it's not that quiet because we are all so busy trying to fit more in that we are using every second that we are awake to think of what else we should be doing. 

A "crazy" blogger friend wrote a couple weeks ago, to "Live in the moment, not in preparation of the moment...."  Maybe we need to start taking off the stress of what we should be doing and start living in the present.


To help you do this I have a recipe that can help you be present in the moment all while focusing on health, family, and yourself!  This is a fast easy recipe that doesn't even need preparation!  It uses a rotisserie chicken that you can pick up at any grocery store.  They have done the work for you so it gives you a helping hand of having a nutritious meal that is still hand crafted at home.  All you need is to spend 15 minutes cutting and cooking veggies, and your loved one's might even like to help you out on this one.  

Being present is step one to a more literal meaning this Tuesday!

-Cool


Rotisserrie Chicken Fajitas
1 whole rotisserie chicken (about 3 cups), cooked, and picked from bone
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
Tortillas

In a small bowl mix together the cumin, salt, black and cayenne pepper.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the onions and cumin mixture for about 3 minutes.  Add in the green and red peppers and cook an additional 4-6 minutes, stirring until soft and done to your liking.  Add in the picked chicken, toss until chicken is warm and serve on tortillas or over rice and beans.  Top with Greek yogurt, pico de gallo, and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment