Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

"What the What?" Wednesday and Popsicles for Breakfast

Have you ever seen something that looks so easy that you think, "Why didn't I see this sooner? Obviously that is a great idea that I should adopt for my everyday life."  And when the idea is also easy, cheap cost effective,  healthy, and fun for the whole family, that's when you just have to say "What the What?  Why am I not doing this!" Okay so I'm going to give you not a mind blowing recipe today because I don't really even have a recipe for this but it's more of a mind blowing idea that you can have popsicles for breakfast!

Yeah I said it, POPSICLES FOR BREAKFAST.  Sorry, I get a little excited, I didn't mean to yell.  If you have kids or even if you are a kid at heart, don't you feel like your mind has been blown?  Popsicles for breakfast is a win win situation that will leave your kids happy and full and parents happy because they know that their kids are getting a nutritional on the go breakfast that doesn't take much time in the kitchen.

So I received these popsicle molds for a gift quite awhile ago and never used them.  Then one day I looked in my fridge and saw a couple of Greek yogurts that need to be used up.  I put a couple of them in the mold to freeze overnight and it changed my mind of this little gadget.  These little molds are perfect to make Greek yogurt breakfast pops.  Okay I know you don't have to just eat them for breakfast, you can have them for a snack or dessert, but when do you ever get to say you had popsicles for breakfast?  Check out this "cool" idea!

This is all you need!

 
All you need to do is get two containers of yogurt.  They can be the same kind or different, it's your call, it's your popsicles, it's your breakfast.  I decided to go with a blueberry/ strawberry mixture to get a couple different flavors that compliment each other.  I decided to go with Siggi's yogurt because it is nice and creamy, it's lower in sugar than most yogurts, lower in fat, and higher in protein so that it keeps the kiddos full throughout the morning.

If you do not have a popsicle mold you can get one at any retail store for about $10-15, or you can use cute little dixie cups and then put a plastic spoon in it for the handle.  Easy peasy!  Whatever you do, just start eating these popsicles for breakfast!


Step one (if using two types of yogurt), mix the two containers of yogurt in a bowl 


Divide the yogurt into the molds, or Dixie cups.




Drop the mold or cups a couple times on the counter.  This will take out some of the big air bubbles and compact the yogurt into the bottom of the mold.


There's still going to be some air bubbles but it's okay!


Put the top of the popsicle mold on, or this is when you would insert the plastic spoon straight into the dixie cup.


Place them in the freezer for at least 4 hours, but preferable overnight.



Take them out and get prepared for the reaction on your kids' face when you tell them you are having popsicles for breakfast.


You just have to turn the cover a little.  If it sticks I run it under some warm water for a couple seconds and the cover comes right off.  If you are using dixie cups, just tear the paper off!


With the fake ice cream cone handle they look like you are having ice cream for breakfast!


Enjoy and Happy Wednesday!


-Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment