Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Cheeseburger in Paradise


Summer for me equals a plethora of events absorbing my weekends. The best part about the majority of my summer travels is that my childhood home and my Mom is quaintly nestled between Waukee and Omaha via an easy exit off I-80 down Highway 191. 




I get to stop by for a visit, a little spoiling and A LOT of food options. Why is it when I go home and have a craving my Mom has everything I need to make it? 

Recently when I was back home, we decided to whip up a couple of delicious  cheeseburgers to kick off summer. These burgers were HUGE. Prior to dinner, we indulged in a "few" kettle chips and bowls of white cheddar popcorn as appetizers before dinner, resulting in my eyes being bigger than my tummy. I was totally down for leftovers the next day. 


However, leftovers sounded amazing at 9 am in the morning. I decided to channel my inner Chef Cool and think out of the breakfast box. I really wanted my cheeseburger but I really wanted eggs and bacon. Boom! WELCOME to the WORLD CHEESEBURGER OMELET!!!! (Can you tell how very proud I am of my recipe baby?)

This recipe couldn't be simpler and I know you will have grilling leftovers at some point over this season. I simply took my leftover bun, burger and pickles and diced them up. I popped the cubed bun in the broiler on low for about 2 minutes to make them into croutons. I shredded some of the sharp cheddar cheese with sliced for the burger. 


In a medium heat butter coated non-stick skillet, I cracked 2 eggs and until blended the yolk with the white with my spatula. Once the eggs were 1/2 cooked (about 2-3 minutes), I placed the burger ingredients in and let cook for another 2 minutes. 


I then topped off my omelet with about 1/2 cup of cheese and let cook for about 1 minute to start the cheesy goodness melting process. Finally flip one side over of the omelet. Reduce heat to low and let the cheese finish melting for about one more minute. 


Here it is!  Seriously, one of my most favorite omelets to date. If you have your fancy pants on, top it off with pretty decorative ribbons of ketchup and mustard with a few sprinkles of diced dill pickles. I chose to get my red and yellow from raspberries, mangos and peaches.

Being home may not be a tropical beach but I was lucky to have 2 versions of cheeseburgers in my hometown with my Mom, which is pretty close to my idea of paradise. 

Cheeseburger in Paradise Omelet
Serves 1

2 eggs, whisked together 
1/2 cooked 4 ounce hamburger, diced 
1/2 hamburger bun, toasted and diced 
1/4 cup diced dill pickles 
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheese 
Ketchup, mustard as garnish, optional

1. Heat a non-stick small skillet over medium heat and place 1/2 tsp of butter in the pan
2. Add eggs, let cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add burger, bread and pickles. Let cook for another 2 minutes. 
4. Add cheese and cook for 1 minute. 
5. Flip over one side of the omelet with a spatula, turn heat to low and finish melting the cheese for 1 minute. 
6. Decorate top of the omelet with ketchup, mustard and pickle sprinkles.


~Crazy 






No comments:

Post a Comment