Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Solving the world's problems while fitting in our pants

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hot Dogs! My Decade Indulgence

I cannot tell you the last time I ate a hot dog. They are not my favorite food, I never buy them and they probably do not make any dietitian's "Top 10 Food" list. But I get it. Hot dogs = summer. Today is National Hot Dog Day. And this summer, I had my first hot dog I have had in probably more than a decade.  To preface, I did consume a lot of water with this salty treat and I was a little nervous to dig in.


I was with a group of new friends that told me I had to partake in this summer tradition. Outside of this adorable establishment, you could watch the hot dog magic happen. 



Chili, hot dogs, cheese and more chili to top off this dining experience. 


The place was full of jovial hot dog lovers!
I was kind of feeding off the energy there and did get a little excited to dig in. And then it arrived...



First bite...good. 2nd bite....oooo yum.  Add a few fries and it became one of my favorite moments...and food of the summer. 



I was so glad I let down my dietitian guard and enjoy this summer favorite.  I am not sure when it will happen again, but when it does, it will be enjoyed in the summer, with good friends and a whole lot of laughter. This summer, I started a new "Top 10" list of foods, maybe not the most healthy foods but foods that made healthy memories with amazing people.

~Crazy



No comments:

Post a Comment